So maybe you have heard of a Mastermind Group but weren’t sure what it was or what kind of people join them.
A Mastermind Group is a group of individuals who come together to grow personally and/or professionally. The size of the group can range from three to 50 but the average is around 12. The groups can review a personal/professional development book along the way or focus on individual challenges and goals. The point is to gain perspective through collective minds, increase self and societal awareness and achieve great successes within their business and personal life.
Below are six rock solid reasons to find and join a Mastermind Group.
1. Accountability. Each week you set your own action plan and let everyone know what you want to be held accountable for the following week. Knowing you have to come back to the meeting with a report of how you did on your action plan helps you stay focused and get things accomplished. It’s also a comforting feeling to know you are not alone in your success journey. Through the tough weeks where you might not have met your goal others within the group are there to provide support and insight on alternative techniques to try.
2. Better Decision Making. When you have a decision to make it’s great to have a group of individuals to bounce the decision off of. To analyze it from all angles. To provide different perspectives. And ultimately to help ensure the decision gets made, because, face it, there are some decisions we don’t want to make so we just put them off. A Mastermind Group will help ensure the decision is made and that it’s a better one than if you had made it on your own.
3. Deep & Lasting Connections With Incredible People. Whether you are an entrepreneur or work for a business, it’s nice to collaborate and share your dreams with like-minded individuals. In a Mastermind Group you spend a great deal of time connecting, building each other’s confidence, and challenging one another to grow beyond what you believe you’re capable. And, not to mention the fact that you raise your level of thinking just by your connections… Jim Rohn says, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
4. Access to New Ideas. Many times when you run into a challenge, and you find that it’s a hard one to overcome it’s due to the simple fact that you’re too close to it; or rather ‘you can’t see the forest for the trees’. Bringing the challenge to the group enables you to gain constructive feedback and fresh perspectives. It allows you to think about your challenge in different ways. Additionally, you may be introduced to new tools or individuals that can help turn your challenge into a win.
5. Helping Others. Everyone is at a different place in their journey through life. Some are currently more successful than others. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. As everyone comes together in a Mastermind Group being able to share your experiences and strengths helps others overcome their challenges and grow as individuals. Being able to help others is also personally rewarding. Zig Ziglar said, “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.”
6. Increase Profits. As with challenges, sometimes you are too close to see what is right in front of you. Many times opportunities are missed due to not seeing them until it’s too late. Being a part of a Mastermind Group enables you to think through and improve processes. It also helps you look for opportunities on the horizon by being aware of what’s out there. Making necessary changes to processes can improve revenue and help you take your business to the next level.
I hope these six reasons to join a Mastermind Group were helpful and provided you with insight on why everyone should be a member of one. Your growth and success could be as close as a Mastermind away. Join one today to start achieving the results you desire.
To get started in a Mastermind Group, visit our events page to see the upcoming Mastermind Groups.
34 views0 comments